Florida’s Sales Tax Holiday this Friday, June 2 through Sunday, June 4, 2017 – The latest news out of Tallahassee is Floridians are going to get a chance to buy hurricane supplies tax-free. During this three-day sales tax holiday, qualifying items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
You can find the hurricane supplies you’ll need at your local Al’s Army Navy Stores this weekend and get them tax free!
So be sure to stop by Al’s Army Navy Stores where you can find the supplies you need. These are a few of the top recommendations, and most we have in stock now:
- Water purification straw and tablets, you absolutely can’t do with this.
- Food, we have a full stock of delicious MRE’s (non perishable Meal’s, Ready-to-Eat)
- Flashlights and batteries, too many to choose from to list.
- First aid kit, small pocket size to larger for your Go Bag; even ones for your dog.
- Whistle to signal for help and wow we have great ones, even 5 ways.
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place.
- Waterproof carry all’s and a huge selection of Back Packs and Go Bags.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities and we have multi tools that are compact.
- Knife, from pocket knives to machetes and axes.
- Manual can opener for food, of course we are an Army Navy store.
- Local map and compass, many styles to choose from.
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio.
- Solar phone charger.
- Camping Gear, from small enough for your Go Bag to multi persons tents and folding cots.
- InstaFire, fire starters, pack-able camp grill, glow sticks, para-cord, GoGirl
- Personal Safety Supplies, from Pepper Spray to Tasers to Firearms and Ammo.
Complete details of the 2017 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday are outlined in this link to a PDF from the Florida Revenue Department
Al’s Army Navy Downtown Orlando / Orange County: 23 N Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805
Al’s Army Navy Seminole County: 1440 E Altamonte Drive (Hwy 436) Altamonte Springs, FL 32701