Florida’s Sales Tax Holiday this Friday, June 2 through Sunday, June 4, 2017 – The latest news out of Tallahassee is Floridians are going to get a chance to buy hurricane supplies tax-free. During this three-day sales tax holiday, qualifying items related to disaster preparedness are exempt from sales tax.
You can find the hurricane supplies you’ll need at your local Al’s Army Navy Stores this weekend and get them tax free!
So be sure to stop by Al’s Army Navy Stores where you can find the supplies you need. These are a few of the top recommendations, and most we have in stock now:
- Water purification straw and tablets, you absolutely can’t do with this.
- Food, we have a full stock of delicious MRE’s (non perishable Meal’s, Ready-to-Eat)
- Flashlights and batteries, too many to choose from to list.
- First aid kit, small pocket size to larger for your Go Bag; even ones for your dog.
- Whistle to signal for help and wow we have great ones, even 5 ways.
- Dust mask to help filter contaminated air and plastic sheeting and duct tape to shelter-in-place.
- Waterproof carry all’s and a huge selection of Back Packs and Go Bags.
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities and we have multi tools that are compact.
- Knife, from pocket knives to machetes and axes.
- Manual can opener for food, of course we are an Army Navy store.
- Local map and compass, many styles to choose from.
- Battery-powered or hand crank radio.
- Solar phone charger.
- Camping Gear, from small enough for your Go Bag to multi persons tents and folding cots.
- InstaFire, fire starters, pack-able camp grill, glow sticks, para-cord, GoGirl
- Personal Safety Supplies, from Pepper Spray to Tasers to Firearms and Ammo.
Complete details of the 2017 Disaster Preparedness Sales Tax Holiday are outlined in this link to a PDF from the Florida Revenue Department
Al’s Army Navy Downtown Orlando / Orange County: 23 N Orange Blossom Trail, Orlando, FL 32805
Al’s Army Navy Seminole County: 1440 E Altamonte Drive (Hwy 436) Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
What makes Nalgene water bottle so perfect? To start they are BPA Free, lightweight, shatter resistant, leak proof and made in the U.S.A. Also, resist to bacteria, stains and do not absorb odors. You can actually pour boiling water into them and they’re dishwater safe.
So when looking for the perfect Water Bottle solution that safely travels with you wherever you go look no further than your local Central Florida Al’s Army Navy stores.
Nalgene Water Bottles, sold in stores now and online at www.alsarmynav.com
See that lime green one in the middle of the photo? It glows in the dark!
At all Al’s Army Navy locations Orlando, Altamonte Springs and Sanford.
Categories: Camping, Personal Safety, Survival, Tactical, Uncategorized
Tags: camping, conservation, emergency, integration, nalgene, nature, outdoors, park, review, travel, vacation
Most pet owners would do anything to keep their pets happy and healthy. The people at Adventure Medical Kits must be pet owners, too, because they have a product line made specifically for dogs!
The Adventure Dog Series of First Aid Kits has three offerings: the basic Heeler, the more advanced Trail Dog, and the all-encompassing Me & My Dog. Ranging in price from $10-$50, the Adventure Dog Series is an affordable, must-have addition to any pet owner’s family emergency plan.
UPDATE: As of August 10th, 2016, there have been 328 CDC-confirmed cases of Zika virus in Florida, with 6 of them being acquired locally.
It’s February, and 50°F outside, yet a case of Zika virus has been confirmed in nearby Osceola County. The rest of the country is still frigid, but Florida remains vulnerable, since mosquitoes are the main transmitter of the virus. What can you do to help prevent the spread? Continue reading
Ok, more than a few. More like seven. Continue reading
Sunset at Ft. Wilderness
In my opinion, Ft. Wilderness is THE place to have your first camping experience, especially if you’re spoiled and urbanized like I am. Continue reading
Camping checklist= checked.
- Tent: Texsport 3-Person Hayden Tent
- Sleeping Bag: Coleman Trinidad Sleeping Bag (40°F to 60°F)
In 1872, President Grant signed the Act of Dedication, creating Yellowstone National Park. It is the World’s first National Park, paving the way for land conservation efforts around the world. Continue reading
I have a confession to make.
I’m not an avid camper. In fact, when I go to Disney’s Fort Wilderness next week, it will be my first overnight camping experience. I’ve been there before, but after work, hanging out around a fire, not unlike a backyard get-together. As the night goes on, I go back home (about 20 minutes from the park), and fall asleep in my nice, comfy bed.
Not this year. This year’s different. Continue reading